Thursday, May 16, 2013

Q4. My Pop Icon


People always look up to different figures in society. My pop icon that I have always loved is Taylor Swift. Ever since her first album came out I have been a huge fan. Her music is so different from other country singers. She has a certain target market, and that would be teenage girls. So many teenage girls look up to Taylor Swift. It is mostly because they feel as if people think that they can relate to her lyrics. There is a special relation with relationships and romance, which she writes about. They are mostly about break ups, and songs to make people feel better. Her music is very inspiring in this way. Whenever you feel down on yourself or going through a hard time, Taylor Swift can always help you through it. Sometimes music is the best cure to a hard time. Taylor Swift knows all the right words to say. I like to follow in her footsteps because she teaches to not let anyone mess with you and to be your own strong person. Especially with boys, don’t let them take over. Drama with them is so overrated and it can be taken care of easily. She has so many people and fans look up to her with all the meaningful songs she writes through her career.  Having someone be iconic means to have a meaning to someone. And icon doesn't only have to be a famous person, however it is something or someone who has real meaning to them.  An icon gets special recognition. I don’t think that there is ever a time when an icon does deserve that designation. All icons have a specific reason why someone chose them to have this title. The impact that they and got them where they are. Taylor Swift is such a unique person and always keeps me smiling in hard times, and that’s why I love her!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment