Friday, November 2, 2012

E2. Turkey Time!


Thanksgiving is one of the best times of year! And, during this holiday, traditions are very common in my family. We always do the same things and continue to have fun each year with them! First off, on Thanksgiving Day, for some of my family, the day starts off very early. Except, I always sleep in and never want to get up. I love lying in my bed, taking in the smell of the cooking turkey. Sooner or later, I finally get up from bed because I want to watch some of the Macy’s Day Parade. I always miss it because I love to sleep, but I still try to catch some of it. Then, as the day goes on I help my mom out with preparing food to have it all ready by dinner time. The Thanksgiving dinner is seriously the best food I have ever had. There is nothing like it! My family and I always sit in the dining room for the dinner and use special plates and dishes for placing the food on. After the feast is over, everyone is always so full and has to take time out for a nap. That is definitely when you know it is an excellent dinner! And, after this one Thanksgiving, I get to have another one at my aunt’s house. The extended family from my dad’s side always goes to her house to have another feast. I get double the Thanksgiving and I love it! However, I have a favorite tradition that I saved for last. It comes before Thanksgiving and is always on a Friday. This day is called Black Friday. My older sister, mom, and I always go bright and early in the morning around 2 or 3 A.M. before the sun has even come up. Most people think this is crazy, but it is the best time ever! Shopping is twice as much fun this way! There is nothing that could replace my Thanksgiving  traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment