Wednesday, November 21, 2012

F1. The Book


I really don’t enjoy reading. I especially don’t like when teachers make you read something, for example, an over the summer reading project. That annoys me a lot. I would take reading into consideration if I found something that I am very interested in. Finding something that truly interests me would keep me focused. I actually have one favorite book that I have read. When I was in 6th grade, I read a book called Hidden Child of the Holocaust.  It is about a young girl who was alive in the times when Hitler ruled and Jews were discriminated. It is very interesting to read about the hardships she overcame and how brave she was at such a young age. Even though the Holocaust was one of the most tragic periods in history, it has to be one of my favorites to learn about. I think this is why I enjoyed this book. It showed me how lucky I am to live now and not back then. I couldn’t even imagine going through what most people did go through during this time. Even though I already knew a lot of background information about the Holocaust, it was good to hear a personal experience from someone. It is totally different, and I believe more touching, to hear it from a primary source. As I was reading, I could feel what she was feeling, not to the same extent, but still could as if I was right beside her. After reading this book, it made me realize that I have to give many people back then huge props because they are probably the most strong-hearted and courageous people. For the people that survived and are deceased, they will always be remembered as heroes because I don’t think many people today could have done it. This book was truly an eye-opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment