Thursday, October 4, 2012

C3. Homecoming!


My favorite time of year is already done and over with for this year! And, this time of the year is homecoming! It is so upsetting that it is already over. Homecoming flies by every single year. I partially think this is because our school has it so early too. However, people always say time flies when you are having fun. And, having fun is definitely the correct word to describe it. It is such a fun-filled and exciting week to take part in! It all starts off with having a theme to dress up as for each day. I always participate in it because it is enjoyable to be so creative with an outfit for each day of the week. Then, major events start towards the end of the week. There is the hallway decorating, the parade, the pep-rally, and the powder puff game. For the parade, I love how each class competes to make the best float based on the theme they have. My class, the juniors, had a theme of Dr. Seuss. Our float won first place this year with the help of many people to make it a success. Also, for hallway decorating, my class placed first! It was a success all around for the junior class! However, this year’s parade was special for me. I got to be the bulldog in the parade! It was one of the best times I have ever had in the homecoming parade. The pep-rally afterwards was very entertaining also. I ran out with my volleyball team to get announced. However, the event following this was my most favorite one of all. It was when the powder puff game took! I have never looked forward to something so much before. All the girls get so pumped up to play! It is the best feeling ever and the junior class is 3-0! It is a once a year time of thing and it is cool how this girls get so into it and intense. We definitely make the best of it. Then, the following day is the football game! Football is a huge deal in our school, obviously, and they played the biggest game of the season, Depew. The boys got the job done and came home with the win. The game is always fun to go and cheer at because everyone has a blast. On, Saturday, the homecoming dance is in the evening. It is always a great time to go and have a ball with your friends, while you dance the night away! Homecoming is always my favorite time of year because there isn’t any time like this. This is the time when your true bulldog pride comes out in full swing!

2 comments:

  1. Homecoming is my favorite time of the school year too! It's just so much fun with spirit week and all the events throughout the week. I really enjoyed reading your blog Lauren!

    ReplyDelete