My writing process for this class is pretty simple. Every two weeks or so, we
have to write an article. The one topic that I have always done is something
having to do with sports. I pick the JV sport that was in season at the time.
And, for sports, we are only allowed to pick a sports team that we are not on.
So, I had to pick JV teams. I did volleyball, basketball, and currently doing
softball. I am on the Varsity team of all these sports, so it is an easy access
to information from the JV. Every time I have an article to write, I go to the coaches
and collect information. Sometimes I do an article all about the coach.
However, most of the time, it is all about stats and current games. I both
interview the coach and take notes from the questions I have him/her answer.
Or, I have the coach email me the stats. At times, I go to the team captains
and get insight on how the season is going. I usually add quotes from them in
my article. It gives reader a better understanding of the team, along with
other information. For the organization of my article, I keep things separate.
Certain information goes in certain paragraphs. For the most part, my articles
are pretty well written. I try to make sure my writing is not too choppy and use
correct grammar. With writing, one thing I struggle with is vocabulary. I try
my best to compare words of the same meaning, and choose which one would sound better
within the article. Then, once all the hard work is done, I turn the article into
my editor for any adjustments. If there are some, I correct them, and then
submit the article to get approved. It ends up going into The Bulldog
Newspaper, and it rocks!
No comments:
Post a Comment